Zoover is the largest hotel and travel rating portal in the Netherlands.
With 3.2 million ratings, 400,000 hotels and camp sites as well as 900,000 travel tips, the Zoover platform makes finding the perfect holiday a cinch for holidaymakers.
In our Amsterdam office, around 90 colleagues all work together to achieve this goal by providing inspiring content through our website, blog and other platforms, by developing a user-friendly website, apps for tablet and mobile, and offering a varied assortment of accommodations, reviews and customer service.
You will be part of a solid and efficient development team to drive product and platform innovation. We have a strong need for technical cleverness and skills to create a roadmap that ensures improvements for consumers, but also moving towards an architecture based on Elasticsearch, Node.js and React/Redux. We are open for new technologies, encourage collaborative decisions and are pushing for multi-disciplinary scrum teams caring about the products we ship.
Who are you?
You are curious, you want to continually improve yourself and you like to tackle new developments with both hands.
Your background and skills:
• You want to learn with and from your colleagues to become even better;
• You have gained your development experience in a web environment and you are aware of the impact of your work on a large consumer audience;
• Proficient with Node.js and its current ecosystem
• You have experience optimizing backend performance and determining loading bottlenecks;
• Experience with multiple of: ES6/Next, Babel, Gulp, Webpack, SVG, CSS modules, SASS/LESS, BEM, Flexbox, Responsive Design, Progressive Web Apps, Fonts optimization, WebPagetest, Flux, Redux, Karma, Mocha, Supertest, Sinon, Istanbul ...
• You are a strong communicator;
• Very good conversational skills in English;
• Implement new features and components in our Node.js based backend.
• Consistently care for very good test coverage and automation
• Co-Own our backend architecture and keep a minimal set of documentation up to date
• Drive continuous evolution of our backend architecture together with your team
• Help design RESTful APIs that provide outstanding Developer Experience
• Big technical challenge and inspiring ambitions;
• Really cool "re-startup" phase which we are into as a company;
• Very personal company (around 90 FTEs), big brand and part of a listed company;
• International top team;
• Extensive training opportunities, meet-ups;
• A lot of freedom which comes with your responsibility;
• Office located at one of the hot spots in Amsterdam;
• At Zoover & Weeronline performance and fun comes together with lunch, table tennis, parties, teambuilding, fun activities, casual drinks, etc.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
For more information please contact Liza Schaeffer on +31 (0) 6 1072 4028 or email@example.com.