As a high-traffic, travel website targeted at the Dutch market, we're looking for a Senior Frontend Developer with main focus on client side React.js. Our in-house development team recently finished building a new application platform from scratch, using React, Redux and Node.js as primary tools for improving the product experience for our multi-million audience.
You will be part of a solid and efficient development team to drive product and platform innovation. We have a strong need for technical cleverness to create a roadmap that ensures improvements for consumers, but also moving towards Microservices architecture with domain driven design. We are open for new technologies, encourage collaborative decisions and are pushing for multi-disciplinary scrum teams caring about the products we ship.
Your background and skills:
• Continuously learning mindset;
• Ability to work independently and proactively;
• Ability to continuously take ownership for ensuring successful delivery and taking responsibility for complete process;
• Experience optimizing frontend performance and determining loading bottlenecks;
• Experience with majority of: ES6/Next, Jenkins, Load/performance optimization, REST API design, Selenium, Browserstack, Mocha, Supertest, JMeter, Sinon, Babel, Gulp, Webpack, SVG, CSS modules, SASS/LESS, BEM, Flexbox, Responsive Design, Progressive Web Apps, Fonts optimization, WebPagetest, Flux, Redux, Karma, Mocha, Supertest, Sinon, Istanbul;
• Knowledge of backend architecture is a plus: Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK Stack, PostgresSQL, MongoDB
• Experience in the online travel industry is a big plus;
• Driving the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the front-end architecture;
• Solving critical and complex problems independently to ensure continuity of the product, and proactively taking actions that will prevent repetitive problems in future;
• Responsible for the creation and realization of the department strategy with stakeholders;
• Serving as a specialist and a mentor within the (project) team in relation to technical knowledge;
• Leading the continuous deployment of UX components and implementation of design improvements;
We have a beautiful office in the center of Amsterdam, as well as good work-life balance, flexibility, coffee, drinks, daily lunch, table tennis, a competitive football team, social events, and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon!
For more information or to apply directly, please, contact Diyana on firstname.lastname@example.org.