What do we have to offer?
Our interesting “re-startup” phase, inspiring vision of the future, a huge user base and brand awareness, room for creativity and "thinking big", working with the latest technologies, passionate and driven colleagues of 18 different nationalities, ownership and responsibility: this could be your job!
What are we looking for?
Who: A junior – medior Data Scientist with an open, inquisitive mind
Why: To support product development, user research and revenue optimization
Where: Downtown Amsterdam, Netherlands
Manager: Team lead BI
Who are you?
You are a Data Scientist who has some experience in a B2C business and is ready to move onto the second step in your career. With your energetic and creative attitude, you are able to optimally service our different departments from your spot in the BI team. You are able to stay focused and keep cool in a sometimes hectic work environment.
Next to that, you:
- Have a Master’s Degree in Econometrics, Statistics, Information Management, Computer Science or a comparable subject;
- Have 0-2 years of professional experience as a data analyst or data scientist involved in web analytics, data mining and predictive modeling;
- Preferably have experience within a B2C product environment;
- Have proven experience in applied statistic in case studies, business research or academic projects;
- Show a background in data mining and statistical analysis with excellent knowledge of SQL, R, and Python;
- Are preferably experienced in using one or more analytics and reporting tools (like Google Analytics, Big Query, Tealium, Tableau and Excel – as you would expect, knowledge of the last one is required);
- Have had the chance to create and give presentations in the past, or are willing to learn;
- Have strong oral and written communication skills;
- Are focused on delivering quality results and able to clearly explain these to colleagues from other (non-data focused) departments;
- Are fluent in English. Dutch is preferable.
As mentioned above, within this role you will support product development, user research and revenue optimization with your analysis, data mining and predictive modeling activities. One of your first large projects will be to, together with the BI team lead, prepare and present an advanced inventory segmentation case for our Zoover product.
Your most important tasks will be:
- Perform a periodic analysis on sales and traffic trends
- Understand and use the user data pool in order to develop your advanced analysis
- Support an efficient data architecture/service in the company
- Help the BI team to democratize data in the company
What you can count on?
- Technical challenges and inspiring ambitions;
- A down to earth, informal environment (around 90 FTEs), big brands and part of a listed company;
- Working within an international top team;
- Good training opportunities;
- A lot of freedom and responsibility;
- Office located in downtown Amsterdam;
- At Zoover & Weeronline performance and fun comes together with lunch, table tennis, parties, teambuilding, fun activities, casual drinks, etc.
Like to know more or want to apply?
Does this sound like the challenge for you? Please apply here! For more information please contact Liza Schaeffer, talent acquisition manager, by calling +31610724028 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.