Zoover is the largest hotel and travel rating portal in the Netherlands.
With 3.2 million ratings, 400,000 hotels and camp sites as well as 900,000 travel tips, the Zoover platform makes finding the perfect holiday a cinch for holidaymakers.
In our Amsterdam office, around 90 colleagues all work together to achieve this goal by providing inspiring content through our website, blog and other platforms, by developing a user-friendly website, apps for tablet and mobile, and offering a varied assortment of accommodations, reviews and customer service.
The Weeronline website and apps provide end-consumers with practically any conceivable weather information and forecasts. Weeronline is the most complete weather platform in the Netherlands. With 20 to 30 million visitors on a monthly basis, we are proud to serve the most specific weather information for every location all over the world.
As a DevOps Engineer your main challenge will be to maintain, operate and improve our infrastructure on both cloud, and on-premise environments. As a part of an Agile structure, you will be involved in the automation of the infrastructure, building pipelines and infrastructure as code. You will be working with our hosting providers to keep our sites running which get millions of page views per week. Maintaining and improving our high traffic 24/7 environment is part of the daily activities. You will be servicing two Development Teams: Zoover and Weeronline.
• Managing continuous delivery pipelines (Docker, Codeship/Jenkins, Kubernetes);
• Managing cloud hosting infrastructure (Azure, Google, AWS);
• Deploying applications in a short time frame;
• Managing and migrating new environments and system security;
• Keeping all systems running and up to date;
• Liaising with 24/7 support partners and following up in case it is needed;
• Setting up real-time monitoring and application logging systems;
• Servicing two development teams;
• Providing input to our Head of Development and actively participating in technical decision making;
• Obtaining GDPR guidelines, analyzing and implementing them;
• A minimum of two years’ work experience with a high traffic website or hosting party;
• A completed professional education (in IT) as a minimum;
• Extended experience with Cloud technologies (Google or AWS);
• Strong knowledge of Linux;
• Extended experience with setting up delivery pipelines (e.g. Docker, Jenkins);
• Extended experience with managing web stacks;
• A service mentality and a strong focus on team work;
• Strong eye for details and delivering with accuracy;
• Ability to solve complex problems, and deliver with time pressure;
• Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills;
• Strong communication skills in English (Dutch is not required);
• Technical challenges and inspiring ambitions
• A company in a “re-startup” phase; you can make an impact on this transformation
• Very personal environment (around 90 FTEs), big brands and part of a listed company
• Working within an international top team
• Good training opportunities
• Opportunities to attend/organize tech events
• A lot of freedom which comes with your responsibility
• Office located at one of the hot spots in Amsterdam city center
• At Zoover & Weeronline performance and fun come together with lunch, table tennis, foosball, parties, teambuilding, sports discounts (gympass), fun activities, casual drinks, etc.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon! For more information please contact Liza Schaeffer on +31 (0) 6 1072 4028 or email@example.com.