Weeronline.nl is the most well-known consumer website for weather forecasting in the Netherlands. Every month the website and apps are visited around 20-30 million times. The platform does not only deliver weather forecasts for the Netherlands, but also for every other location around the globe! This means that we can serve the consumer just as much when they are biking to work in the Netherlands or hiking in the high Andes or going to the beach at their holiday destination.
We are now looking for a talented Junior Data Engineer to join our Weeronline team and help optimizing our data.
What do we have to offer?
The most customer focused website for holiday reviews and weather forecasting, our interesting “re-startup” phase, inspiring vision of the future, huge user base and brand awareness, room for creativity and "thinking big", working with the latest technologies, super energetic colleagues and team, ownership, work in international environment: this could be your job!
What are we looking for?
Who: A hands-on Junior Data Engineer who is eager to learn
Why: To help optimize and create confidence in our data
Where: Downtown Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Work with the data team to deliver microservices that feature teams can integrate with
- Design and implement core topics on the product roadmap which specifically relate to data intensive algorithms
- Help identify strategic data requirements
- Optimize our data infrastructure to become a reliable, tested real-time/streaming solution
- Work closely with data scientists and engineers to build personalized experiences for our users
- Drive research initiatives to innovate and support our data driven approach
- Perform data extraction, aggregation from multiple sources, including Google Analytics
- Create confidence in our data by tests, automation, monitoring and neat visualizations
- 1-3 years of (relevant) work experience
- Hands on mentality, great communication skills (English) and a passion for software engineering
- High IQ and EQ
- Hands on experience (professional or academic) with Scala, Java or a functional language like Clojure or Haskell
- Knowledge of and/or interest in technologies in our stack: Scala, Akka, MongoDB, Spark, Kubernetes
- Experience with asynchronous and event-based systems
- Diverse technology knowledge and a sense of curiosity combined with strong problem solving skills
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proud to show your github account, research papers or other interesting achievements
Our office environment:
- Technical challenges and inspiring ambitions
- A company in a “re-startup” phase; you can make an impact on this transformation
- Very personal environment (around 90 FTEs), big brands and part of a listed company
- Working within an international top team
- Good training opportunities
- Opportunities to attend/organize tech events
- A lot of freedom which comes with your responsibility
- Office located at one of the hot spots in Amsterdam city center
- At Zoover & Weeronline performance and fun come together with lunch, table tennis, foosball, parties, teambuilding, fun activities, casual drinks, etc.
Does this sound like the challenge for you?
Please apply here or contact Liza Schaeffer (talent acquisition manager) directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.