Title: Data Engineer (mid-level)
Optimize and create confidence in our data!
Weeronline.nl is the most well-known consumer website for weather forecasting in the Netherlands. Every month the website and apps are visited around 20-30 million times. The platform does not only deliver weather forecasts for the Netherlands, but also for every other location around the globe! This means that we can serve the consumer just as much when they are biking to work in the Netherlands or hiking in the high Andes or going to the beach at their holiday destination.
We are now looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our Weeronline team and help optimizing our data.
• Work with the data team to deliver microservices that feature teams can integrate with
• Design and implement core topics on the product roadmap which specifically relate to data intensive algorithms
• Help identify strategic data requirements
• Optimize our data infrastructure to become a reliable, tested real-time/streaming solution
• Work closely with data scientists and engineers to build personalized experiences for our users
• Drive research initiatives to innovate and support our data driven approach
• Perform data extraction, aggregation from multiple sources, including Google Analytics
• Create confidence in our data by tests, automation, monitoring and neat visualizations
• Experienced software engineer, proficient with Scala and Akka
• Proficient with SQL (MySQL, MS-SQL are running in production) and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra etc.) databases and querying them
• DevOps experience on the Cloud (Google, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes…) is a plus
• Prior experience with big data platforms is advantageous
• Technologies we use & you would like to use: Akka, Scala, SQL and noSQL dbs, Elastic Search, Apache Spark, Tableau;
• Able to understand complex topics, including business traits and user behavior
• Uses modern tools and is generally efficient and test-driven
• True agilist, keen on delivering working software
• Non-religious about specific systems, frameworks, languages or tools
• Can focus on deliverables and small increments but also not afraid of huge changes and humongous amounts of data
• Proud to show your github.com account, research papers or other interesting achievements
• Very good skills in English are mandatory;
Our office environment:
• Technical challenges and inspiring ambitions
• A company in a “re-startup” phase; you can make an impact on this transformation
• Very personal environment (around 90 FTEs), big brands and part of a listed company
• Working within an international top team
• Good training opportunities
• Opportunities to attend/organize tech events
• A lot of freedom which comes with your responsibility
• Office located at one of the hot spots in Amsterdam city center
• At Zoover & Weeronline performance and fun come together with lunch, table tennis, foosball, parties, teambuilding, fun activities, casual drinks, etc.
Does this sound like the challenge for you?
Please apply here or contact Diyana Lipova directly on email@example.com.