Title: Junior QA Engineer
Weeronline.nl is the most well-known consumer website for weather forecasting in the Netherlands. Every month the website and apps are visited around 20-30 million times. The platform does not only deliver weather forecasts for the Netherlands, but also for every other location around the globe! This means that we can serve the consumer just as much when they are biking to work in the Netherlands or hiking in the high Andes or going to the beach at their holiday destination.
What are we looking for?
Who: You are passionate about quality, have an eye for detail, are a good planner and self-motivated
Why: To continuously improve our platforms
Where: Amsterdam city center
Reporting to: QA Lead
What will be your challenge?
You will strive to provide a high level of quality and completeness of the software which is presented to our end users, while making sure all stakeholders’ needs are being met. You are able to oversee the WOL development ecosystem as a whole and adopt our processes. For example, most of the things we do are asynchronous: there’s a multitude of services that interact asynchronously, be that a HTTP message or an asynchronous request to a database or to Google Cloud Storage.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, document and track bugs across sprints and releases
- Perform regression testing prior to a release and smoke tests during releases
- Automation of functional tests, once a solid base of test cases has been established
- API testing and Load/Performance testing
- 1-2 years’ similar experience in a data driven organization
- Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash scripting)
- Experience with Java, Swift, Kotlin, Scala, is a plus
- Databases knowledge: SQL, MongoDB
- Experience testing native apps; Unix- based OS knowledge also desirable (Linux, MacOS)
- You would like to learn: Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platforms
- Tools we use: Selenium/Webdriver.io, Appium, Atlassian Suite (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence, etc), Jenkins
- Akka, Firebase and Hazelcast experience is a plus
What you can count on?
- Technical challenges and inspiring ambitions
- A company in a “re-startup” phase; you can make an impact on this transformation
- Very personal environment (around 90 FTEs), big brands and part of a listed company
- Working within an international top team
- Good training opportunities
- Opportunities to attend/organize tech events
- A lot of freedom which comes with your responsibility
- Office located at one of the hot spots in Amsterdam city center
- At Zoover & Weeronline performance and fun come together with lunch, table tennis, foosball, parties, teambuilding, sports discounts (gympass), fun activities, casual drinks, etc.
Does this sound like the challenge for you? Please apply here!
For more information please contact Diyana Lipova by calling +31610009389 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.