What we have to offer? The following equation:
The most customer focused website for holiday reviews and weather forecasting, our interesting “re-startup” phase, inspiring vision for the future, huge user base and brand awareness, room for "thinking big", working with the latest technologies and a super energetic team with colleagues from all over the world: this could be your job!
Who we are looking for?
Developers in heart and soul. You want to work with the latest and greatest technologies. With your skills you will be able to work in the heart of the platform and our main products.
You are curious, you want to continually improve yourself and you like to tackle new developments with both hands.
At Zoover we strive to make exploring and booking a holiday as much fun as the holiday itself. That's quite an ambition, and therefore there is much work to be done. We believe that the real understanding of our customers is the key to success and therefore is UX one of our top priorities. That also means there is a big technical challenge and this gives you the opportunity to develop yourself to a higher level.
- You are part of the Agile development team and you are able to solve tricky problems and contribute to the success of the product;
- You are driving the continuous evolution of the new front-end and back-end architecture and development infrastructure;
- You support continuous deployment of UX components and swift implementation of design improvements;
- You are going to build something of which you still don’t know the exact outcome - how exciting is that?
Our technical challenge:
- A solid up-to-date backend and a completely new front-end (web and app);
- We want everything to be first class so we can compete with the big online players;
- Solid and efficient development team able to drive product and platform innovation;
- We have a strong need for technical cleverness and skills to create a roadmap that ensures visual improvements for consumers, but also works towards an architecture based on Elasticsearch, Node.js and React/Redux.
Your background and skills:
- You have at least 1 year of experience with Node.js development and solid knowledge base of other back-end languages and systems (3+ years), within a consumer facing web environment;
- You have experience designing scalable REST API’s and production application monitoring, scaling and maintenance;
- You worked with such databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL/MySQL, Elasticsearch, designing the architecture and doing maintenance/configuration;
- It would be great if you have experience with several of: ES6/Next, Multi-threaded/Async programming patterns, Load/performance optiomization, Docker, Microservices, Kubernetes, ELK stack, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Travis/Jenkins, REST API design, Selenium, Browserstack, Mocha, Supertest, JMeter, Sinon, Istanbul...
- Knowledge of client-side focused tools and libraries would be a plus: React, Flux, Redux, Babel, Gulp, Webpack, JSDom…
- You are a strong communicator and connector;
- Very good conversational skills in English.
What you can count on:
- Big technical challenge and inspiring ambitions;
- Work for an entrepreneurial company that is currently in a "re-startup" phase;
- Non-political company culture (around 90 colleagues), big brand and part of a listed company;
- International top team - all our developers work inhouse;
- Extensive training opportunities;
- A lot of freedom and ownership;
- Office located at one of the hot spots in Amsterdam;
- At Zoover & Weeronline performance and fun comes together with lunch, table tennis, foosball, parties, teambuilding, fun activities, casual drinks, etc.
Like to know more or want to apply?
Does this sound interesting to you? Please apply with your CV. For more information please contact Liza Schaeffer by calling +31610724028 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org